a) Non-Chinese citizens;
b) Should be friendly to China, have no criminal record, and abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and the rules and regulations of the school;
c) In good physical and mental conditions, and with a good record of academic performance and conduct;
d) Aspiring to work in the Chinese language education and related fields;
e) Aged between16 and 35 (as of 1September, 2022), with the special allowance for the age limit of 45 for applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers and that of 25 for undergraduate student applicants.
SCHOLARSHIP TYPES AND QUALIFICATIONS
A. Chinese Language Teacher Programme
a) Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study
The programme commences in September 2022, and provides scholarship for a maximum of eleven months. International students who have benefited from similar scholarships are not eligible.
For the area of TCSOL, applicants shall have a minimum score of 270 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required.
For the areas of Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, and Chinese Philosophy, etc., applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level).
For the area of Chinese Language Study, applicants shall have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK test (Level 3). Priority will be given to applicants who provide an HSKK test score.
b) Scholarship for One-Semester Study
The programme commences either in September 2022 or March 2023, and provides scholarship of a maximum of five months. Applicants holding the X1 or X2 visa are not eligible.
For the areas of TCSOL, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, and Chinese Philosophy, etc., applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required.
For the area of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Taiji Culture, applicants are required to provide HSK test scores. Priority will be given to applicants who also provide HSKK test scores.
B. Cooperative Scholarship
The program for undergraduates of Chinese + Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and Automation is jointly set up by CLEC and Changsha University of Science and Technology. After completing the undergraduate study and obtaining enough credits, the student will be awarded a bachelor's degree in engineering; the schooling system is 4-year, and the language of instruction is Chinese. The admission method, admission conditions and funding content are the same as other programs of International Chinese Teachers Scholarship.
The scholarship includes: tuition, accommodation, living expenses (except for four-week trainees) and comprehensive medical insurance.
1. Free tuition.
2. Free dormitory, usually double rooms; upon the application of scholarship students and the approval of the university, those who choose off-campus accommodation will be paid by the university on a monthly or quarterly basis, the standard for doctoral students: RMB 1,000/month, for other scholarship students: RMB 700/month.
3. Living expenses are paid monthly. For undergraduate, one-year and one-semester research students: 2,500 RMB/month; for MTCSOL: 3,000 RMB/month; for DTCSOL: 3,500 RMB/month.
1. Log in to cis.chinese.cn to register → receiving institution: Changsha University of Science and Technology (code 10536) → upload application materials → follow the application progress and your email (if the application materials do not meet the requirements, you need to resubmit) → after the application is approved, follow your email, go through the admission procedures → register as required.
2. Log in to the website of Changsha University of Science and Technology International Student Management Service Platform (https://csust.17gz.org/member/login.do), register and submit application materials online.
The Application duration
March 1 to May 15, 2022
1. Passport photo page;
2. The highest academic certificate. If the certificate is not in Chinese/English, please translate it into Chinese/English and notarize it;
3. Transcript, if the transcript is not in Chinese/English, please translate it into Chinese/English and notarize it;
4. HSK, HSKK score report (valid for two years);
5. Proof of no criminal record;
6. Economic guarantee certificate;
7. The completed physical examination form for foreigners (see Annex for blank form and filling specifications). The physical examination is valid for 6 months;
8. Other supporting materials, such as recommendation letters, award certificates, etc.
Note: Please upload the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners" and the certificate of no criminal record together with the scanned copy of the photo page of the passport to the "Basic Information - Upload on the First Page of Passport" of the application form.
Please upload all materials as high-resolution images or PDFs.
Annual review will be hold every year.
Policies Regarding Currently Employed Chinese Language Teachers and Chinese Bridge Award Recipients
a) Currently employed Chinese language teachers:
Currently employed Chinese language teachers applying for the scholarships can be exempted from submitting Chinese Language Proficiency Test (HSK) certificates if they can provide proof of employment and a letter of recommendation from the institution where they work.
b) Chinese Bridge Award Recipients:
Applicants who have won the 2022 International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship Certificate in various Chinese Bridge competitions should submit their application documents along with their scholarship certificates to relevant host institutions on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship website. For further inquiry, please contact email@example.com.
International Student Admissions Office of Changsha University of Science and Technology
Address: International Institute of Technology, Changsha University of Science and Technology, No. 960, Section 2, Wanjiali South Road, Changsha City, Hunan Province (Room 422, Building I, New Energy Building)