In the development of more than 60 years, Changsha University of Science & Technology (CSUST) distinguishes itself as an engineering-centered multidisciplinary university, integrating engineering, science, management, economics, philosophy, liberal arts and law, with a stronghold in undergraduate education and a capacity of post-doctoral science and research workstation, conferment of doctoral degrees and master degree.CSUST sticks to the opening policy in its education and has widely explored international cooperation and exchange. Designated by Ministry of Education, CSUST is one of the host institutions of international students funded by Chinese Government Scholarship and International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship. CSUST has three Confucius Institutes jointly operating with University of Montenegro, University of Liberia, and University Malaysia Sabah.
Changsha is national famous landscape island city, happiness city, the entertainment city, famous historic and cultural city, international green city, and UNESCO city of media arts. CSUST campus is located at the central position of Changsha-Zhuzhou-Xiangtan city of mergence, and it’s one of the most beautiful campus in China.
Based on the requirements and regulations of China Scholarship Council (CSC), CSUST has set the application and admission process.
All applicants shall be:
a) Non-Chinese citizens.
b) In good physical and mental condition, with good academic performance and conduct.
c) Education background and age limit:
Applicants for Bachelor’s Degree program must have high school degree and be under the age of 25.
Applicants studying to earn a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
Applicants studying to earn a Doctorate degree must have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
d) Requirements for language:
Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must provide a valid Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) certificate. Undergraduate or non-degree (general scholar & senior scholar) applicants should have achieved HSK Level 3 or above.
Postgraduate applicants should have achieved HSK Level 4 or above.
Applicants for English-taught programs should provide valid English Proficiency Test certificates:
TOEFL IBT 68 or above/IELTS 5.5 or above/DUOLINGO 85 or above.
Condition of exemption of submitting English proficiency certificates: English-speaking students (Countries with English as native language or official language).
The Chinese proficiency requirements for the scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs before moving on to their major studies are:
Undergraduate or non-degree (general scholar & senior scholar) candidates should have achieved HSK Level 4 or above;
Postgraduate candidates should have achieved HSK Level 5 or above.
Failure to reach the required language proficiency will lead to the automatic termination of scholarship. Chinese language courses will be one year for majors in Science, Engineering, Economics, Management, Legal Studies and Fine Arts, and be no more than two years for majors in Literature, History, and Philosophy.
II. Content and Criteria of Scholarship
Full Scholarship covers：
a) Full coverage on tuition fee.
b) Accommodation: If student chooses to live on campus, CSUST will provide free double room at International Students Apartment.
If student chooses to live off campus, the university will provide monthly/quarterly accommodation subsidy:
undergraduate students (preppies), master’s students(general scholars): CNY 700 per month;
doctoral students (senior scholars): CNY 1000 per month.
Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;
Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
d) Comprehensive medical insurance.
Detail for the insurance policy can be found at:
Partial scholarship covers:
One or some items of the full scholarship.
See http://www.campuschina.org/ or the attached documents.
IV. Application Procedure
1. Applicants check out relevant major of our university:
2. Apply at: http://www.campuschina.org/
Agency No. Of CSUST: 10536
Program Category: Type B
3. Please ALSO log in and upload application materials online to the CSUST International Students Service System (https://csust.17gz.org/member/login.do ).
4. Pay RMB 500 CNY for the application fee to CSUST bank account.
Changsha University of Science and Technology’s bank account information is as follows:
Bank: Agricultural Bank of China, Gaoyun Branch(湖南省长沙市农行高云支行)
Name: Changsha University of Science and Technology(长沙理工大学)
FOREIGN CURRENCY ACCOUNT:
Bank: Bank of China, Dongfeng Road Branch
Name：Changsha University of Science and Technology
Bank Swift Code: BKCHCNBJ970
Please send the bank transfer voucher to the mailbox: email@example.com after the payment is completed.
5. Please submit the following materials on the systems:
(1) Highest diploma (Original scanned copy and translated photocopy). The applicant must submit On-study Certificate issued by his/her university, if he/she is an on-campus student.
(2) Relevant notarized transcripts (original scanned copy and translated photocopy).
(3) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words; students applying for Chinese-taught Programs must write in Chinese, students applying for English-taught Programs must write in English).
(4) Academic recommendation. Two reference letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
(5) Foreigner Physical Examination Form must be filled in English. The results are valid for six months.
(6) Non-criminal Record.
(7) Proof of language proficiency.
Applicants who apply for Chinese-taught Programs MUST submit HSK transcripts. Applicants who apply for English-taught Programs submit transcripts of TOEFL IBT or IELTS or DUOLINGO (Students from Countries with English as the native language or official language are exempt from the submission).
(8) Applicants can submit certificates of academic achievements and all kinds of cultural and sports activities.
6. Application Deadline: April 15, 2021.
Please pay attention:
A. The materials above shall be provided only in Chinese or English and the certificates and transcripts must be Notarization documents.
B. No matter being admitted or not, the application fee will not be returned.
C. Please DO NOT send any paper materials to the university.
V. Admission Procedure
1. The First-round candidates will be published on the website of International College and the E-mail box of CSUST International Students Service System before June 15, 2021.
2. Successful applicants will be shortlisted and published on the website of International College and the E-mail box of CSUST International Students Service System before June30, 2021.
3. CSUST will post Admission Notices and Visa application forms (JW201) to successful applicants in July, 2021.
Address: New Energy Building I Room 422, No.960, 2nd Section, Wanjiali South Rd, Changsha, Hunan, P.R.China