Established in 1956 and through more than 60 years of development, Changsha University of Science and Technology (CSUST) is now a multidisciplinary university with engineering-oriented, and strengths in transportation, electric power, hydraulic engineering and light industry. There are more than 41,000 full-time students, including more than 6,500 doctoral and master students.
It has carried out extensive international cooperation and exchanges, and has cooperated with more than 90 colleges and universities and scientific research institutions in over 20 countries and regions, including 3 Confucius Institutes jointly established with University of Montenegro, the University of Liberia, and the University of Sabah. It has the qualifications to recruit and train foreign students in China, and is a training unit of Chinese government scholarship student.
There are 83 undergraduate majors, including 32 national-level first-class undergraduate majors, 9 national-level characteristic majors, 13 with national engineering education professional certification, and 3 undergraduate Sino-foreign cooperative education projects approved by the Ministry of Education. In terms of discipline, it has 6 domestic first-class construction (cultivation) disciplines in Hunan Province, and 5 disciplines listed among top 1% of ESI's global ranking. In the past five years, it has won more than 30 provincial-level teaching achievement awards; students have won more than 600 national-level and more than 1,800 provincial-level disciplinary competitions and scientific and technological achievement awards.
Our international education
Since 1999, CSUST has been accredited to recruit and train international students, and is awarded as the advanced unit for international students. With rapid growth in the number of students registered, CSUST has attracted international students from more than 60 countries, with annual recruitment reaching 200 people.
A multi-type and multi-level comprehensive training system with academic education as the mainstay and long-term and short-term Chinese language training as a supplement has been formed. The academic education covers undergraduates, masters and doctoral students, while the funding channels range from Chinese government scholarship, Confucius Institute scholarship, to university-enterprise cooperation, and inter-universities cooperation. Now more than 10 key disciplines are available and taught bilingually for international students in civil engineering, electrical engineering, traffic engineering, hydraulic engineering, mechanical engineering, business administration, etc.
Our Chinese education
We have a professional Chinese teaching and research section, equipped with a team of high-level teaching staff. Our Chinese courses are very distinctive, involving Chinese language courses combined with Chinese culture courses, traditional Chinese culture with regional Hunan culture, classroom Chinese culture acquisition with extracurricular Chinese cultural practice activities. Besides, we often organize colorful cultural experience activities for international students, such as museum trip, Chinese film dubbing competition, language corner, and traditional Chinese food making. In addition, we are also an HSK test center.
1. Admission category and duration of study
Full-time language students, one academic year (2021.02-2022.01).
2. Admission target
Students from countries along the “Belt and Road” (see Annex 1 for specific countries)
3. Applicant qualifications
(1) Physically and mentally healthy, excellent in character and learning;
(2) High school degree or above with the previous stage of study completed;
(3) Age limit:
high school graduation: under 24;
bachelor degree: under 34;
master degree: under 38;
(4) Language requirements: those who have reached HSK Level 2 will be preferred. TOEFL score of 68 or higher / IELTS 5.5 or more / Duolingo 85 or higher / English proficiency certificate issued by school or other relevant institution / English as mother tongue or official language for those without Chinese foundation.
4. Application Documents:
(1) Applicants should register online and fill in the application online (website: https://csust.17gz.org/);
(2) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English;
(3) Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English;
(4) Passport Copy;
(5) Non-criminal Record;
(6) Proof of language proficiency;
(7) Financial guarantee;
(8) Foreigner Physical Examination Form（Please refer to Annex 2), and the time of issuance is no more than 3 months ahead of the time of submission.
We will select the best candidates depending on comprehensive evaluation on applicants and provide conditional scholarships for outstanding students, and will reduce or exempt registration fees, tuition, basic textbook fees, accommodation fees and comprehensive insurance for one academic year (2021.02-2022.01).
(1) Deadline for application: December 31, 2021;
(2) Admitted students should complete the admission procedures on time according to the "Admission Notice";
(3) Only the application by the student is accepted and the mailing fee shall be borne by the applicant (please fill in the detailed and accurate receiving address);
(4) Admitted candidates will be assessed after completing one semester of Chinese language study and the outstanding students will be recommended to enter undergraduate/postgraduate study in September 2022.
International Student Admission Office , International College, Changsha University of Science & Technology
Address: 960, 2nd Section, Wanjiali South RD, Changsha, Hunan, P.R.China
Zip Code: 410114
WELCOME TO CSUST